SMCC is pleased to announce that it has partnered with FACTS Management, A Nelnet Company, for its 2017-2018 Grant and Aid Assessment process. This online application replaces the prior financial aid application process managed by Private School Aid Service (PSAS.) There are several important changes for parents to note:
- Applications for the 2017-2018 FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment are now available online by following the link to the SMCC FACTS Management login site by following this link: FACTS Management Grant and Aid application portal
- The basic application form must be completed online. No hardcopy application forms can be accepted. The online application process offers several options for parents to submit the required supporting documentation. You will have the chance to upload digital copies or be directed where to mail or fax your supporting materials at the close of the application.
- The application deadline for ALL returning families and early deciders among incoming freshman and transfer students is FRIDAY, DECEMBER 16.
- Late applications received AFTER December 16 from any returning families will not be considered until after the award process is complete, and only then, if aid remains available. It is imperative that returning families who wish to be considered for need-based aid complete their application by the December 16 deadline.
- Applications from families of incoming freshman or potential transfer students received after December 16 will be processed on a rolling basis. Grant and Aid applications from incoming freshman and potential transfer families are welcomed throughout the enrollment cycle, but families considering SMCC as their high school choice are highly encouraged to apply by the December 16 deadline to maximize their potential financial aid package.
- If you have difficulty completing the online application, please contact SMCC Business Manager, Mrs. Riggs, at 734-241-7622 ext. 155 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The fee for the Grant and Aid Assessment application is $30 payable directly to FACTS. This represents a cost savings for both our applicant parents and the school over our prior vendor’s price structure.
- The application requires your 2015 Federal Tax return and/or other verification of income. There is NO requirement to file early and submit current year tax information with the application. If your current income and/or financial circumstances have changed dramatically from what is reflected in this filing, the application provides you with an opportunity to explain the changes.
- If you have previously received, or wish to apply this year, for the $500 Archdiocese of Detroit Stewards for Tomorrow Catholic School grant, you will need to submit a separate application by early April 2017. The applications for this grant are made available by the Archdiocese in February each year. SMCC will make a copy the Archdiocesan application available electronically on our website once it is published. In addition, the application will also be available through your home parish and/or Catholic elementary school.
It is our goal to provide you with a final determination letter, including a qualified aid amount and tuition balance prior to registration/re-registration in March of each school year. The early submission date will also assists us with budget planning as well as our efforts to meet each family’s demonstrated financial need.
If you have any questions regarding our Tuition Assistance Program or the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment application, please contact Mrs. Riggs in our Business Office at (734) 241-7622 ext. 155 or email@example.com.
To access the 2017-2018 FACTS Grant and Aid application for SMCC please click here: SMCC FACTS Grant and Aid Application
More information regarding FACTS Management and the application for need-based aid can be found HERE.
Please contact Brittney Tam at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734.241.7622 x 121 for more information.